Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Vintage Fruit Crate Shelving

Since last fall, I've had this crate used for books & toys for the kids.
This crate was full of peaches that my mother-in-law & I canned last fall!
(From Kauffman's Fruit Farm in Lancaster)
{We are still enjoying those delish canned peaches!}

Ever since then, I knew I wanted a zillion & a half more to use for storage bins.
I just never got around to getting any more.

Well, like many people these days, I was Pin-spired! ;)
I really wanted to do something similar to THIS. But a little different.

So, I was able to get my hands on some more of these crates, so I finally could make something with them! 
They were actually alot bigger than my original one, which I was so happy about :)
Clint put them all together for me with some plywood for support on the bottom and the back & screws. And we had some wheels laying around that we put on the bottom for height. It is pretty sturdy & actually could roll around on a hard floor.



I LOVE IT :)
I've gotta give props to Clint for putting it all together for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment